So yesterday, I was reading a blog and she was talking about how she was nominated for a Liebster Award for new bloggers. And I was thinking, wow that would be awesome if I could somehow get that award! And....BAM! I get an email this morning and the wonderful Tiffany May from One Fab Teacher nominated me and I got the email this morning! :) I am so excited that my blog is adored by teachers and nominated for this award! :)
I gladly accept this nomination!! :). Thank you so much for nominating me! It really means a lot to me! :)
To accept the nomination I must:1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
The questions that Tiffany May asked me are:
1. What's your favorite color?
My favorite color has always been blue, but lately I have been loving purple!
2. Why do you teach?
I teach to change the lives of my students. I hope to inspire students to love learning and grow as students, as children and citizens! :)
3. What's one of the best lessons you've taught?
One of the best lessons I taught this past year on "how to make a cupcake". The whole day was themed "cupcakes". We wrote about how to make a cupcake, we measure, baked, frosted and ate the cupcakes. We even got to read "If you give a Cat a Cupcake". The kids loved it, and I did too!
4. Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook?
My facebook account is Katelin's Kreative Kindergarten. Go on over to my page, I post most things from my classroom, and then crafty inspirations! :)
My pinterest account is Katelin Lill. Check it out, I have pins about school, but also about working out, recipes, and more! My favorite time to pin is when I am sitting at the pool enjoying the sun! haha :)
I have not yet ventured into the world of Instagram but I do have twitter! @KatelinsKinders
5. Iphone or Android?
I just got a phone with data, cause for a while i was a poor college student and couldn't afford it! But now I have an Iphone and LOVE it!
6. If you could take your students on an all expenses paid field trip where would you take them?
I would take my kids to NY when it snows. These kids in NC have no idea what it is like in a real winter! :) It would be so much easier to teach the seasons if they had the background knowledge of what a snowstorm really is!
6. Flats or Heels?
Flats, I only own one pair of heels! haha, I am too tall for heels & flats are SO comfy!
7. Whose your favorite blogger?
I'm not sure I have only one favorite! I read so many kindergarten blogs! :)
8. If you could live anywhere but where you live currently where would that be?
I really love where I currently live, but if I can take my friends, family and a teaching job... anywhere warm, sunny and tropical, I would be good! :)
9. Favorite hobby?
Definitely crafting, and creating my awesome finds on pinterest!
10. Soda, Water, or Tea?
I really try and drink alot of water. I drink water a majority of the time, but the occasional Dr. Pepper always wakes me up and get me ready for what every may happen in the afternoon in kindergarten! haha :)
11. What's the most frustrating thing about blogging?
I think the hardest part about blogging is the lack of feedback...It was hard when there was only google reader, because I was struggling getting my blog out there, but, now with Bloglovin' it seems as though I am getting new followers weekly! :)
11 Random Facts About ME!
- I LOVE homemade mac and cheese! I could eat it every day! haha
- I have an addiction to anything school related! twitter, facebook, blogs!
- I have been with my bf for almost 6 years! :) Happiest days of my life!
- I went to the NYS Championships &Nationals for HighJump in HighSchool!
- When I went to College (SUNY Brockport) I got a degree in Business Management! I guess its coming in handy now that I have my own TpT store! haha :) My mom always said.."You'll use it some day!"
- I have a fraternal twin sister! She is and always will be my best friend!
7. I love Cookout milkshakes! You'll understand if you live in the south...or maybe just NC?
8. I love to bake desserts! But, usually when I cook..I burn something! haha
9. I love to vacation in Traverse City Michigan. My great Aunt has a condo right on Traverse City Bay, and it is beautiful there! It is where the best family reunions take place! :)
10. I like camping!
11. I got a 4.0 in my Masters Program in General Education/Special Education!
The blogs I have nominated are:
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
- How many years and what grade level have you taught? Which one did you like best?
- What is the best think you have learned from the blogging world?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite unit to teach?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Are you a mountains or ocean vacation type?
- Do you like to order dessert or an appetizer?
- Would you rather dress up or dress down?
- What is your favorite theme day at school?
- What is the hardest part about blogging for you?
- After a long,stressful, crazy day at work, what do you do?